Finally, I have my Singapore local set, Samsung Galaxy S II updated with the official firmware from Samsung. Rather than waiting for the official roll out of the firmware via Kies, I have obtained the packaged version and updated my set to the new Gingerbread 2.3.5 version. Below is the full instructions for the firmware upgrade.
These are the files which you will need:
Phase 1- Preparation
1) Install the Samsung USB drivers
2) Unzip the main firmware file which will contain 5 files
3) Run Odin3 v1.85.exe file
4) Power off your Galaxy S2
Phase 2 – Upgrading and Updating
5) Hold Volume down key+ Home button key and press power on
6) Phone in download mode
7) Connect your phone with USB cable. and you should get the message “Added! !” under the Odin’s message box in the bottom left.
8) In the Odin application, check only Re partition, Auto reboot & F. Reset time in option
9) Specify files in Odin:
PIT = u1_02_20110310_emmc_EXT4.pit,
PDA = CODE_I9100XXKI3_CL577579_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5,
CSC = GT-I9100-CSC-MULTI-OXAKI3.tar.md5
10) Hit the start button and process will begin
11) Wait until your phone gets restart and then unplug the cable
Now your Samsung Galaxy S2 will be updated to I9100XXKI3 Android 2.3.5.
- Take Backup of your contacts messages and other data from your phone
- This procedure doesn`t format your internal memory. But messages, contacts and apps WILL be erased
- Shut down Samsung Kies completely prior the start of the upgrade
- This is not a root process and thus the warranty is not voided
Disclaimer : This post is for education purposes and although this process is tested to be successful on a Samsung S II, you may proceed with the steps at your own risks.